* Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-19 20:12 Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-19 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I'm trying to install avr-ada for Windows but got some problem. So I did:
1) Got and run installer from <a ref="http://sourceforge.net/projects/avr-ada/files/avr-ada/bin_windows/AVR-Ada-1.1.0.exe/download?_test=goal">AVR-Ada site</a>. It install the folder C:\avr-ada with the tools.
2) So I put on the PATH env variable c:\avr-ada\bin
3) Created the code examples build.gpr and led_on.adb on the folder C:\avrtest

-- build.gpr
with "avr.gpr";
project Build is
   for Main use ("led_on");
   for Languages use ("Ada");
   for Object_Dir use "obj";
   for Exec_Dir use ".";
   package Builder renames AVR.Builder;
   package Compiler renames AVR.Compiler;
   package Binder renames AVR.Binder;
   package Linker renames AVR.Linker;
   for Source_Files use ("led_on.adb");
end Build;

-- led_on.adb
with AVR; use AVR;
with AVR.MCU;
procedure LED_On is
   LED : Boolean renames MCU.PortB_Bits (3);
begin
   MCU.DDRB_Bits := (others => DD_Output);
   LED := Low;
end LED_On;

So what did I forget to set?

* Re: Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-20  4:40 ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-20  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I also tried the script build-avr-ada-gcc-4.3.x.sh (which I don't see any sense in using it because there is the installer...but I tried as well), and after resolving a file which the script could not find and download, it returned me the messages:

(...)
2011-10-19_21:51:09  Building Binutils

Extracting /cygdrive/c/avr-ada/tools/build/src/binutils-2.19.tar.bz2 ...
patching binutils
   30-binutils-2.19-avr-size.patch
 in any of the patch directories-size.patch

---
And it finishes. But I just cannot build yet the project, it even recognizes the avr.gpr project. Maybe an other env variable needs to be configured?

* Re: Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-20  8:27 ` Rolf
From: Rolf @ 2011-10-20  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19 Okt., 22:12, "Rego, P." <pvr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install avr-ada for Windows but got some problem. So I did:

What is the problem that you got?

> So what did I forget to set?

Did you install WinAVR-20100110 first?  Unfortunately SF's new user
interface doesn't show the release notes any more. WinAVR is a
prerequisite for AVR-Ada.

   Rolf

* Re: Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-20 11:02   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2011-10-20 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rolf <rolf.ebert_nospam_@gmx.net> writes:

> Did you install WinAVR-20100110 first?  Unfortunately SF's new user
> interface doesn't show the release notes any more. WinAVR is a
> prerequisite for AVR-Ada.

It should show then so long as they are called README :-) - see
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Files/

I was trying to convince myself of this but unfortunately I can't upload
anything to my user project today -
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/22267
- which is the only one I have with the new interface.

* Re: Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-20 11:17   ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-20 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What is the problem that you got?
When I open build.gpr with GPS, it gives me the message

build.gpr
10:28 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project
11:29 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project
12:27 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project
13:28 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project

So it does not recognize the AVR-Ada installation (should I set some particular variable?)

> > So what did I forget to set?
>
> Did you install WinAVR-20100110 first?  Unfortunately SF's new user
> interface doesn't show the release notes any more. WinAVR is a
> prerequisite for AVR-Ada.
>
>    Rolf

I did not install WinAVR-20100110 before, but now I have installed (and after I installed again the AVR-Ada-1.1.0.exe, so it pointed to the WinAVR folder). It created also the env variables AVR_PRJ_PATH, pointing to the WinAVR folder. But the problem is the same now.

* Re: Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-20 12:31     ` Rolf
From: Rolf @ 2011-10-20 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 Okt., 13:17, "Rego, P." <pvr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the problem that you got?
>
> When I open build.gpr with GPS, it gives me the message
>
> build.gpr
> 10:28 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project
> 11:29 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project
> 12:27 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project
> 13:28 "Avr" is not an imported or extended project
>
> So it does not recognize the AVR-Ada installation (should I set some particular variable?)

The library manager still does not find "avr.gpr". Make sure that GPS
has access to "C:\avr-ada\lib\gnat" to find it. Sorry, I don't use GPS
and so I don't know where to set this path.

Please try the examples in C:\avr-ada\share\doc\avr-ada\apps\examples
first, then copy the Makefile from C:\avr-ada\share\doc\avr-ada\apps
\uart_echo to your C:\avrtest, set the main program in the Makefile
(line 45) to led_on and run make in a command window.

HTH
    Rolf

As an alternative you should copy

* Re: Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-22  0:32       ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-22  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Rolf, it worked!
I did not get to configure GPS for using the project, but using make it works very well. Thanks very much.

* Re: Basic installation problem with avr-ada for Windows
@ 2011-10-22 13:08         ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2011-10-22 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rolf, why aren't tasking supported by avr-ada? Is it yet under development? I read in some place that there is the intention to turn avr-ada in a run-time system, it would be very good. Anyway, congratulations for your code in sourceforge.