From: peirce@claris.UUCP (Michael Peirce)
Subject: Re: Ada Compilers for the Apple Macintosh OS
Date: 12 Sep 88 17:08:55 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <581@afit-ab.arpa> wbralick@icc.UUCP (William A. Bralick Jr.) writes:
>In article <365@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> eberard@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Edward Berard) writes:
>>I happen to enjoy using Apple Macintoshes as software engineering
>>workstations. I would also like to do everything I can to encourage
>>Ada compiler vendors to consider the Macintosh as a viable platform
>>for an Ada compiler. Currently, Meridian Software is the only Ada ...
>>
>I thought that John Sculley didn't want to sell Mac's to the DoD.

Come on.  Just because Ada has some roots in the DoD doesn't mean that
that's all it's good for!  My experience with Ada was in a factory
automation environment that had nothing to do with DoD.  Ada was a
good language for doing seriously designed systems in.

I'd love to see Ada on the Macintosh since that's the machine I now
work on (before was using DEC's Vax/VMS Ada).  The Mac could use some
serious software engineering oriented compilers and tools!

-- michael