* SuSE 10.0
@ 2005-10-07  9:11 Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-10-07  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Yesterday I got my new SuSE 10.0. Nice thing about SuSE is that it allways
comes with an Ada compiler. This time they made a rather big version number
jump:

~  Linux  root@linux2  Fr Okt 07 10:59:31  standart
>gnat
GNAT 4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
Copyright 1996-2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: SuSE 10.0
@ 2005-10-07 15:42 ` Adrian Knoth
From: Adrian Knoth @ 2005-10-07 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> ~  Linux  root@linux2  Fr Okt 07 10:59:31  standart
                                                    ^ what?

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

* Re: SuSE 10.0
@ 2005-10-07 18:45   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-10-07 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Knoth wrote:

> Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> ~  Linux  root@linux2  Fr Okt 07 10:59:31  standart
>                                                     ^ what?

Active context (compiler version / development environment).

Martin
--

@ 2005-10-07 22:58 ` Björn Persson
From: Björn Persson @ 2005-10-07 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik wrote:
> Nice thing about SuSE is that it allways
> comes with an Ada compiler.

But only what comes with GCC, right? I mean, there's no ASIS, GPS,
Ada-aware GDB, Gnatelim and the like, is there?

--
Bj�rn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.

* Re: SuSE 10.0
@ 2005-10-09  7:14   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-10-09  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bjï¿œrn Persson wrote:

> Martin Krischik wrote:

>> Nice thing about SuSE is that it allways
>> comes with an Ada compiler.
>
> But only what comes with GCC, right? I mean, there's no ASIS, GPS,
> Ada-aware GDB, Gnatelim and the like, is there?

Enough for beginners and to boot strap a full compiler.

Martin.
--

@ 2005-10-09 12:52     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2005-10-09 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Björn Persson wrote:
>
>> Martin Krischik wrote:
>
>>> Nice thing about SuSE is that it allways
>>> comes with an Ada compiler.
>>
>> But only what comes with GCC, right? I mean, there's no ASIS, GPS,
>> Ada-aware GDB, Gnatelim and the like, is there?
>
> Enough for beginners and to boot strap a full compiler.

Out of curiosity, what was the version of GCC in the previous version
of SuSE?

And you did not reply to Björn; I am also interested in knowing
whether or not ASIS, GLADE, Ada-aware GDB or GPS are shipped as binary
RPMs?

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: SuSE 10.0
@ 2005-10-09 15:29       ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-10-09 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
>> Bjï¿œrn Persson wrote:

>>> But only what comes with GCC, right? I mean, there's no ASIS, GPS,
>>> Ada-aware GDB, Gnatelim and the like, is there?
>>
>> Enough for beginners and to boot strap a full compiler.
>
> Out of curiosity, what was the version of GCC in the previous version
> of SuSE?

SuSE 9.x uses gcc 3.3.x.

> And you did not reply to Bjï¿œrn; I am also interested in knowing
> whether or not ASIS, GLADE, Ada-aware GDB or GPS are shipped as binary
> RPMs?

ASIS and GLADE - Was included in 9.3 but not included in 10.0 any more.
GPS - also no! Which is actually sad.
GDB -  yes indeed.

To be honest: I don't think we will get an GMGPL ASIS or GLADE without
having access to GNAT/Pro. Recent changes where just to large for the old
version to work.

This is why I consider to import the GNAT/GPL sources into the sourceforge
projects.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net