From: "G.B." <rm-dash-bau-haus@dash.futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: Implementation Locks
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:18:03 +0100
Date: 2014-02-17T13:18:03+01:00	[thread overview]

On 15.02.14 21:20, sbelmont700@gmail.com wrote:
> Is it unreasonable to expect an implementation to use some sort of dynamic, hybrid model that takes into account both how many CPU's are in the system and the average time to wait?  Should I just trust the runtime and try not to worry?  Is there even anything I can do about it either way?

Other than proving that the situation cannot arise? 8-)

With many cores available, you could have one surveyor task
that awakes every second or so, for looking at volatile
Booleans that are global enough to be known to the other
tasks, one for each task: the other tasks would "ping"
their respective variables no later than a known good number
of microseconds, thus setting their Booleans to true.
The surveyor task clears them, and takes corresponding action
if one of the variable is false.

A task of this sort would only need the Ada features
available under profile Ravenscar, I think.