From: griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest)
Subject: Re: Q. on install GNAT304a in Win95
Date: 1996/10/02
Date: 1996-10-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3251E029.6735@mail.wdn.com> Xuren.Huang@mail.wdn.com writes:
>I am new in both Ada and win95.  I have recently downloaded win95
>version of GNAT304a from NYU, installed it, but when I run
>"setpath.bat", the computer showed "run out of environment space", and
>none of the pathes can be set.  I have followed the instructions came
>with GNAT304a to set "memory --> initial Environment" to be 4096 at
>"properties" of "command.com", but, this has not solved the problem.
>Please shine some light on this. Any help will greatly appreciated.

What I have seen is that there are sometimes multiple command.com
files and I believe the wrong one has had its properties set.  I
think the most sure-fire way to do it is to create a shortcut on
the desktop to command.com and then change the properties of the
shortcut.  Another approach is to put a "call c:\gnat304a\setpath.bat"
in an autoexec.bat file in the top level directory.  This last
approach is easier for the novice.  You may have to restart windows
to make the autoexec take effect.

-Tom