* GNAT 3.04a problem with Win32
@ 1996-10-02  0:00 Mike Guillebeau
From: Mike Guillebeau @ 1996-10-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having trouble getting GNAT 3.04a to work for Win32 applications.

I've installed GNAT on a Win95 machine.  I can compile the dos examples OK.
When I try to compile Simple_Callback.ads (gnatmake simple~1.ads -largs
-mswindows)  I get an error "file win32.ads" not found.

Did I make a mistake in my installation, or am I missing something else.  I do
not have a file win32.ads anywhere on my system.  Thanks.

* Re: GNAT 3.04a problem with Win32
@ 1996-10-03  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1996-10-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Guillebeau <mikeg@ifte.sed.redstone.army.mil> wrote in article
<52tvjm$57j@mic14.redstone.army.mil>...
> I'm having trouble getting GNAT 3.04a to work for Win32 applications.
>
> I've installed GNAT on a Win95 machine.  I can compile the dos examples
OK.
> When I try to compile Simple_Callback.ads (gnatmake simple~1.ads -largs
> -mswindows)  I get an error "file win32.ads" not found.
>
> Did I make a mistake in my installation, or am I missing something else.
I do
> not have a file win32.ads anywhere on my system.  Thanks.

Hi Mike,
You need to get the Win32Ada bindings, available at
http://www.inmet.com/~mg/win32ada/win32ada.html

Please read carefully the information there about needing the Microsoft
SDK, as well.

Hope this helps
--
David C. Hoos, Sr.,