* Re: $$COULD YOU USE A LOTTA XTRA CASH?$$
       [not found] <5224eu$h69@dfw-ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>
@ 1996-09-24  0:00 ` Art Schwarz
From: Art Schwarz @ 1996-09-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a PROVEN way for everyone to make a million dollars. Think of it,
without betting on the Lotto or gambling your life's savings you can
become a millionare.

This is how to do it (note, this is perfectly legal. I have consulted
with many of my friends, male and female, and they all agree that nothing
is wrong with the idea. DISCLAIMER: None of my friends have a law degree
and some can barely speak any language - being under 2 years old.)

First:  Send a cashiers check for $1,100,000 to the sender of this e-mail.
Second: The sender of this e-mail will guarantee that he will send you
        $1,000,000 back.

(Creative schemes to follow.)

Now, what could be simpler.

Too bad that there is no way to stop this idiocy. Sigh. I just read of
an enterprising soul in Malaysia who promoted a Ponzi Scheme and became
an instant success. Umm. I'm in the wrong business (sigh, sigh).

art schwarz

* Re: $$COULD YOU USE A LOTTA XTRA CASH?$$
@ 1996-09-25  0:00   ` Adam Beneschan
From: Adam Beneschan @ 1996-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <528ln8$6af@mill.gdls.com> schwarza@gdls.com writes:
 >I have a PROVEN way for everyone to make a million dollars. Think of it,
 >without betting on the Lotto or gambling your life's savings you can
 >become a millionare.
 >
 >This is how to do it (note, this is perfectly legal. I have consulted
 >with many of my friends, male and female, and they all agree that nothing
 >is wrong with the idea. DISCLAIMER: None of my friends have a law degree
 >and some can barely speak any language - being under 2 years old.)
 >
 >First:  Send a cashiers check for $1,100,000 to the sender of this e-mail.
 >Second: The sender of this e-mail will guarantee that he will send you
 >        $1,000,000 back.

Reminds me of the old line: "The only sure way to leave Las Vegas with
a small fortune is to enter it with a large fortune."

Actually, if we're discussing PROVEN ways to make a million dollars,
one proven way is to buy a raw chicken at the supermarket and sleep
with it on your face.  Below is the proof:

(Statement 1) Sleeping with a raw chicken on your face will lead to
              your making a million dollars instantly.
(Statement 2) Statement 1 and Statement 2 are both false.

Statement 2 can't be true, since if it were true, it would imply that
Statement 2 were false, a contradiction.  Therefore, Statement 2 must
be false.  Now, Statement 1 cannot be false, because if it were, that
would make Statements 1 and 2 both false, which would make Statement 2
true, a contradiction.  Therefore, Statement 1 must be true.  Q.E.D.

P.S. No fair using the same proof with Statement 1 being "Adam is a
bonehead" or anything similar.  :)

                                -- Adam