From: "Björn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil>
Subject: Re: Send me a sample prgm in ADA for linked list using access type
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 00:36:17 GMT
Date: 2006-05-15T00:36:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> I gather you suggest I buy a new computer, or write new software,
> to ascribe a specialized graphic representation that I could not
> pronounce anyway.

You wanted to use the software you have to communicate in English, so I
suggest you do just that instead of disrupting the communication with
useless off-topic complaints about character encodings.

If you had wanted to be able to see the non-English letters and
typographical characters that will occasionally appear in an
international forum, then I would have suggested that you download a
modern newsreader. If your computer is so old that you can't find a
modern newsreader that will run on it, then a few dollars should get you
a used Pentium � but there's no need since you wanted to keep your
current software.

> I might feel differently if this were the typography newsgroup.

In a typography newsgroup the use of French quotation marks in English
text might actually have been a valid reason to complain. In an Ada
newsgroup it's extremely picky.

--
Bj�rn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.