* Problems with Asis
@ 2005-02-16  8:26 Spoon
From: Spoon @ 2005-02-16  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I encountered some problems with ASIS. I use Debian Testing with
Gnat3.4.4.
- Gnatelim doesn't work. Gnatelim seems to encounter problems with
a-text-io.ads. Is this normal ?

- Adasubst seems to contain a bug with the output prefix, because he
wants to create file like this : new/home/spoon/toto.ads if 'new' is
the output prefix.
Moreover the program crashed when a file is too complex.

Thank you for your answers

* Re: Problems with Asis
@ 2005-02-16 20:49 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2005-02-16 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

 (Spoon) writes:
> I encountered some problems with ASIS. I use Debian Testing with
> Gnat3.4.4.
> - Gnatelim doesn't work. Gnatelim seems to encounter problems with
> a-text-io.ads. Is this normal ?
>
> - Adasubst seems to contain a bug with the output prefix, because he
> wants to create file like this : new/home/spoon/toto.ads if 'new' is
> the output prefix.
> Moreover the program crashed when a file is too complex.
>
> Thank you for your answers

What version of ASIS are you using?  The one in Debian Testing is
3.15p and requites GNAT 3.15p to work properly (apt-get install gnat).

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Problems with Asis
@ 2005-02-17  9:59 ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2005-02-17  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Spoon a �crit :
> - Adasubst seems to contain a bug with the output prefix, because he
> wants to create file like this : new/home/spoon/toto.ads if 'new' is
> the output prefix.
> Moreover the program crashed when a file is too complex.

If you have a crash with Adasubst, by all means, please report it!
(directions for that in the user's manual).

But it is true that ASIS for the latest versions of Gnat has some bugs
and unimplemented features.

            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: Problems with Asis
@ 2005-02-17 10:38   ` Marius Amado Alves
From: Marius Amado Alves @ 2005-02-17 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Pierre Rosen; +Cc: comp.lang.ada

> But it is true that ASIS for the latest versions of Gnat has some bugs
> and unimplemented features.

Probably because of Ada 2005 features not being matched by the still
(to my knowledge) Ada 95 ASIS. I think the necessary (?) revision of
ASIS should also redesign its interface in terms of Ada.Containers.
(Ditto for Ada.Directory_Operations and all Ada standards with a
container and/or iterator interface.)

* Re: Problems with Asis
@ 2005-02-17 12:36 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-02-17 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Spoon wrote:

> I encountered some problems with ASIS. I use Debian Testing with
> Gnat3.4.4.
> - Gnatelim doesn't work. Gnatelim seems to encounter problems with
> a-text-io.ads. Is this normal ?

Have you got a testcase/demo for us? Best with Makefile or build batch so we
know which options you used.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-02-17 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jean-Pierre Rosen wrote:

> Spoon a ï¿œcrit :
>> - Adasubst seems to contain a bug with the output prefix, because he
>> wants to create file like this : new/home/spoon/toto.ads if 'new' is
>> the output prefix.
>> Moreover the program crashed when a file is too complex.
>>
> If you have a crash with Adasubst, by all means, please report it!
> (directions for that in the user's manual).

> But it is true that ASIS for the latest versions of Gnat has some bugs
> and unimplemented features.

I fear you are right here. Recently problems have been encountered with the
current ASIS. That is indeed a step back for the OpenSource comunity.

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net