* GNAT for Win32
@ 1996-09-19  0:00 Lance Kibblewhite
From: Lance Kibblewhite @ 1996-09-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am still using 3.04, and 3.05 has been around for other platforms
for a while.

Any news on progress towards a 3.05 port?

-- Lance.

* Re: GNAT for Win32
@ 1996-09-21  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-09-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lance asks

"I am still using 3.04, and 3.05 has been around for other platforms
for a while.

Any news on progress towards a 3.05 port?"

We are not bothering with 3.05 for Win NT, but we (ACT) are working hard
on a 3.07 port based on the Cygnus toolset right now. We have successfully
bootstrapped this, and doing some limited beta testing. There is no
definite schedule for a public release (we never publish advanced
schedules for public releases), but the new 3.07 is available to our
NT customers now, and a couple of them are checking it out.

This is a BIG change in the NT release, so we don't want to release it
publically till we are sure it is in good shape, but in the long run
it should mean a much better GNAt picture for NT and Win95.

P.S. I am in the process of switching from OS/2 to Win95 as my primary
development platform, and that switch also has to be successful from
my point of view (i.e. I am one of the beta testers :-)

Robert Dewar

P.P.S. Although ACT is taking over the main work of porting GNAT to NT
and Win95, we will continue to work closely with Labtek to take advantage
of their toolsets etc. A more formal announcement of how this will work
will accompany the public release of the new version.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

* Re: GNAT for Win32
@ 1996-09-21  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-09-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lance asks

@ 1996-09-24  0:00   ` Nikolay P. Vasilyev
From: Nikolay P. Vasilyev @ 1996-09-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In message <dewar.843307937@schonberg> - dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
writes:

 >P.S. I am in the process of switching from OS/2 to Win95 as my primary
 >development platform, and that switch also has to be successful from
 >my point of view (i.e. I am one of the beta testers :-)

Is it means, that you will stop OS/2 support? Who will do OS/2 ports in the
future?
It is important for me.