* Chess game in character over MS Windows
@ 2019-03-01 13:07 manueledensenster
From: manueledensenster @ 2019-03-01 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have inserted the 12 Wide_Character into a string of length 12 but gnatmake say at the exécution : length check failed.

Help me please.

I have tested with UTF-8-auto-dos encoding with Emacs.

With GPS in UTF-8 is the same problem.

Thank you.

* Re: Chess game in character over MS Windows
@ 2019-03-01 13:08 ` manueledensenster
From: manueledensenster @ 2019-03-01 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 2:07:21 PM UTC+1, manueled...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have inserted the 12 Wide_Character into a string of length 12 but gnatmake say at the exécution : length check failed.
>
> Help me please.
>

> I have tested with UTF-8-auto-dos encoding with Emacs.
>
> With GPS in UTF-8 is the same problem.
>
> Thank you.

Sorry !
With GPS the program is normaly exécuted but the Wide_Character images are no printed.

* Re: Chess game in character over MS Windows
@ 2019-03-01 13:17 ` manueledensenster
From: manueledensenster @ 2019-03-01 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 2:07:21 PM UTC+1, manueled...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have inserted the 12 Wide_Character into a string of length 12 but gnatmake say at the exécution : length check failed.
>
> Help me please.
>

> I have tested with UTF-8-auto-dos encoding with Emacs.
>
> With GPS in UTF-8 is the same problem.
>
> Thank you.

Sorry bis.
Ok, over MS Windows the problem is same over GPS or simple make with gnatmake and GtkAda.

My program is an chess game in text in a GtkAda project.
Sensibly the cocage of 12 Wide_Character is Ok.

But the Chess character are not printed.

I convert The literal Wide_Character with the line :

[code]

Locale_From_Utf8

		  (Ada.Strings.UTF_Encoding.Conversions.Convert
		     ("" & Images(Piece_Type'Pos(Piece)),
		      UTF_8)
		  )
[/code]

To be inserted in gtk_text_buffer.

Thank you for your help.

* Re: Chess game in character over MS Windows
@ 2019-03-01 13:32 ` manueledensenster
From: manueledensenster @ 2019-03-01 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 2:07:21 PM UTC+1, manueled...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have inserted the 12 Wide_Character into a string of length 12 but gnatmake say at the exécution : length check failed.
>
> Help me please.
>

> I have tested with UTF-8-auto-dos encoding with Emacs.
>
> With GPS in UTF-8 is the same problem.
>
> Thank you.

Ok, i'am sorry. The problem is solved. I have removed Local_From_UTF8 instruction. And the chess character is printed.

Thank you very much.