* Release of the Collaboration Package Version 1.0.1a
@ 2013-08-18 19:35 Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2013-08-18 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Collaboration 1.0.1a is a simplistic Ada framework which allows to speed up
computing task by applying a simple parallelism scheme.

The framework is not intended to solve all problems of parallelism but
it can be applied to all situations where it is possible to break down
the result set into disjunct partitions which can be calculated
independently of other partitions. Anyway it is rather easy to use :-)

You may download the release via:

https://github.com/merdmann/Collaboration/releases/tag/1.0.1a

The software is in a rather early stage; so it lacks good documentation,
error handing and a system wide installation procedure.

Regards
   M.Erdmann

* Re: Release of the Collaboration Package Version 1.0.1a
@ 2013-08-19 22:00 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2013-08-19 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

How does this differ from Brad Moore's "Parafin" libraries?

                                 Randy.

@ 2013-08-20  5:07   ` Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2013-08-20  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:00:06 -0500, Randy Brukardt wrote:

> How does this differ from Brad Moore's "Parafin" libraries?

Parafin tries to provide a broad range of patterns for parallelism.
This is i guess the biggest difference; i am _not_ intending this.
I have just refactored the existing code i am using for a
long time to make it reusable for other people.

I have done some performance measurements; the difference in
performance is poorly noticeable.

/Michael