From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: Experimental Continuous Integration system for open source Ada projects
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:01:19 +0200
Date: 2013-08-12T10:01:17+02:00	[thread overview]

On 12.08.13 07:40, Tero Koskinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup an experimental continuous integration system
> for open source Ada projects at
>    http://build.ada-language.com/
>
> The system builds selected set of projects in regular intervals using 3
> different Ada compilers (GNAT, Janus/Ada, ICCAda) on two platforms
> (Windows 7, Debian/amd64 7.0).
>
> The idea is to see how well the projects can be built with different
> compilers and to catch changes which break portability.

Applause from here! I don't know---because no one pays for
unaccountable time---how much time I have spent on looking
for language modules that work with systems and versions.

Even languages of ubiquitous presence continue to affect
projects with portability-caused problems, in basic modules
in particular. So, a setup such as yours for Ada can draw
attention to the "desease" and let managers see the impact
and savings resulting from well-made subsystems that were
checked for portability!