From: pautet@email.enst.fr (Laurent Pautet)
Subject: Re: More on Distributed Systems Annex
Date: 1996/09/13
Date: 1996-09-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jonas Nygren  <jonas@joy.ericsson.se> wrote:

> Can I use the DSA features to write a client-server solution the
> same way as I could with e.g. RPC. When I look at the examples in the
> Rational it seems as if I need a unique executable for each client
> (partition). This would mean I could not invoke two instances of the
> same client executable because I would then have two partitions with
> the same ID executing at the same time.

Have a look at DSA's example RACW. Part2 and Part3 are identical with
a duplicated normal package. But they don't have the same partition
id. Each partition derives a given abstract type which is also
different and use this type to build distributed objects - RACW (or if
you prefer, reference to themself). But, what you can not write is a
client / server application with twice the same RCI.

--
-- Laurent