From: daver@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Dave Retherford)
Subject: Re: AdaIDE Question
Date: 1996/09/09
Date: 1996-09-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <50ras0$sgb@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>, Spasmo <cosc19z5@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote:
> Heya all, long time no see :)

[snip]
> do any of the above, or am I stuck?  If so, are there any other
> editors that don't have the above limitations, but which provide
> for the same nice interfacing capability that AdaIDE has (with
> regards to compiling and so forth)?

Since you mention GNAT 3.04a, with long file names, I'm guessing (notice I
did not say assuming :-) that you have either Win95 or Win/NT.  If so,
then you might want to try EMACS 19.33 for Win/NT.  I've been using it at
work for a while now and i's pretty good, IMHO.  Especially with Ada mode
2.23.  This ties in real nice iwth GNAT, and from what you say, I believe
it doees not have these limitations.

EMACS for Win/NT is at:

   http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html#support
or:
   ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs

Ada mode 2.23 is at the NYU site:

   ftp to cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnt
        emacs-ada-mode-2.23.tar.gz

Hope this helps out.

Dave
| Dave Retherford                | "Always put off dealing with time-    |
|  Daver@Neosoft.com             | wasting morons.  If you would like to |
|  73313.2671@compuserve.com     | know how, ... I'll get back to you on |
|  djretherford@ccgate.hac.com   | that."                                |
|       (work)                   |   -- The Universe according to Dibert |