From: mockturtle <framefritti@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Solaris/Linux flowchart (critical instant scheme) draw tool
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:13:18 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-09-30T08:13:18-07:00	[thread overview]

A generic vector-drawing tool that I like with a very good (IMHO) GUI is inkscape (http://inkscape.org/).  Even if it is not specialized for the specific type of diagrams that you need, I think you should find it easy to use to draw them.

Its native format is SVG (Scalar Vector Graphics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics), but it can export in many formats including PDF, EPS/PS and PNG.  I use it to create the images that I import in my LaTeX docs.