From: "ldries46" <bertus.dries@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: gtkada.gpr usage
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:45:14 +0100
Date: 2012-12-18T12:45:14+01:00	[thread overview]

I indeed found the same problems with some programs, notably the problems
with spaces (mostly some very old programs from the time that spaces were
not yet allowed), programs which can only (partly) be installed on the C:
partition.  It is my opinion that a neat system should be the first priority
for also a programmer, even more for a Ada programmer, because neatness is
one of the most important things that the Ada laguage forces on us.

"Randy Brukardt"  schreef in bericht news:kaocpl$un8$1@munin.nbi.dk...

"J-P. Rosen" <rosen@adalog.fr> wrote in message
> There are cases where tools (including some Gnat tools) have problems
> with directory names that include spaces - this may be the origin of
> your troubles. My own application directory is called "applic", and I
> install under "Program Files" only if the installer proposes to do so,
> otherwise I use "Applic". This strategy comes from experience and lot of
> time wasted!

On top of this, some programs refuse to install or work properly when not
installed on C:. Such programs are broken, IMHO, but installing anywhere
other than the default directory of the installer can be a crapshoot (no
idea how well-tested alternative locations will be).

                                                  Randy.