From: Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: ada and gnat (mingw)
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 17:49:22 +0100
Date: 2012-12-04T17:49:19+01:00	[thread overview]

On 04.12.12 16:17, Hans Vlems wrote:

> Thanks, that problem is now solved.
> Where sould I have found that information? The mingw site is mainly
> oriented towards installation issues.
> ADA specific information is hard to find.

Usually, distributions of GNAT or GCC include its documentation,
which has introductory material (User's Guide)
and reference material (Reference Manual) (as required
by the LRM). The relevant files' names may be gnat_ugnw.* and
gnat_rm.*, respectively. They cover these aspects. From the
section 1.2 Running a Simple Ada Program:

"This compiler is capable
of compiling programs in several languages, including Ada and C. It
assumes that you have given it an Ada program if the file extension is
either `.ads' or `.adb', and it will then call the GNAT compiler to
compile the specified file."

GNAT's gnatchop program, amongst other possibilities,
lets GNAT process Ada source text that does not follow
the .ads/.adb convention.

"1 Getting Started with GNAT" is recommended reading.