From: cef@h.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Charles Fineman)
Subject: Re: Ada Primer
Date: 31 May 89 16:19:51 GMT	[thread overview]

I have read two books. My officemate has been using another. Both of
us feel The Haberman & Perry book (Ada for experienced programmers) is
a WASTE of money. It's defficient in so may areas, I won't even go into
it.

I have looked through Programming in Ada by J.G.P. Barnes. It looks
pretty good. Its got good examples and it talks about design decisions
in the language. Most importantly, it covers all the aspects of the
language which is my main complaint against the Haberman book (it's
*really* bad in that respect).

My officemate is using Ada Concurrent Programming by Narain Gehani. He
says its good if your doing concurrent programming but its not good as
a general reference to the language.

I'd say go for the Barnes book.

	Charlie Fineman