From: "Kevin J. Weise" <kweise@c3i-ccmail.sed.redstone.army.mil>
Subject: Re: Man Pages For GNAT?
Date: 1996/08/30
Date: 1996-08-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ted Dennison <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com> wrote:
>Michael Feldman wrote:
>> Who votes for ACT putting a copy of gnatinfo.txt at the top level
>> of the NYU ftp site so it is easily accessible?
>
>I doubt that ACT is run as a democracy (with universal suffrage for
>comp.lang.ada readers). However, in the spirit of the election season,
>I vote for that, along with a logical link to a file named gnat_read.me
>or something.

The only problem I can think of with this suggestion is associating
gnatinfo.txt with appropriate versions of GNAT.  Let's face it,
gnatinfo.txt has been volatile, with various changes over its lifetime,
esp. when there have been significant new releases of GNAT.  I suppose we
could have a GNAT version number in the gnatinfo filename, but come on!
If you get GNAT, you get gnatinfo.txt.  And you get the correct
gnatinfo.txt for the associated version of GNAT.  Its a minor issue, and
certainly it is not difficult to follow the given directions.  (In fact,
I think the installation directions haven't changed in quite awhile.)  I
vote for leaving things the way they are.

Kevin J. Weise             email:  kweise@sed.redstone.army.mil
COLSA Corporation          voice:  (205) 842-9083
Huntsville, AL

.. standard disclaimers apply