From: mfb@mbunix.mitre.org (Michael F Brenner)
Subject: Re: Game Development using Ada 95
Date: 1996/08/30
Date: 1996-08-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Larry Matthias

I think gaming is one of the best ways to get someone involved with
programming.  That is pretty much how I started out in 1978 with a TRS-80.

I have a 15-year old nephew who can now program in Ada 95.  He has a BASIC
background and an interest in writing BBS games.  He wanted to try one of
my abandoned Turbo Pascal dialects but I got him to give GNAT for DOS a
try.  At first he was discouraged due to installation problems.  Then we
tried working together on a conquer-the-universe type game.  He came up
with a snazzy title and central theme.  We wrote several packages.  The
game is 50% done.  He had to move across the country two weeks ago.  Now I
am waiting for him to get email access so we can continue the development.
We will distribute the game.