From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: IoT / IIoT stuff
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 03:48:22 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-01-22T03:48:22-08:00	[thread overview]

> The next big thing is marketed as Internet of Things and Industrial Internet of Things

There is nothing "next" in this, especially if you are looking for communication solutions. These things have been solved in '80s and since then only variations of selected features have been developed.

If you are looking for something that is Ada-friendly and that can be also used with small embedded devices, then have a look at YAMI4:

http://www.inspirel.com/yami4/

You will also certainly find PolyORB being mentioned in the Ada ecosystem, but I'm not sure if it fits the IoT hype due to the memory and computing resources found on many network-enabled embedded devices. The "new" part of IoT is "T" and many of the existing solutions just do not fit.

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com