From: erlo <erlo@none>
Subject: Re: Feedback on OpenIndiana ?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 22:19:58 +0200
Date: 2012-08-17T22:19:58+02:00	[thread overview]

On 08/17/2012 09:44 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Hi Erlo
>
> Yep, they forked Open solaris just before Oracle killed it.
>
> The thing is I don't know much about Open Solaris either. i was just wondering if you guys had any opinions about the OS in general and if there is any interest in running Ada on it.

I have been in contact with Solaris running on Sun h/w, but not
OpenSolaris. I would only run (Open)Solaris if I had to do it for
compability reasons or to ease maintenance in case other machines was
running (Open)Solaris. I have no idea if anybody are interested in an
Ada compiler for that OS.

> Thanks for the GNAT - Solaris links

My pleasure.