From: erlo <erlo@none>
Subject: Re: Feedback on OpenIndiana ?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:52:00 +0200
Date: 2012-08-17T20:52:00+02:00	[thread overview]

On 08/17/2012 06:52 PM, Patrick wrote:

> I am considering deploying a binary only application. I would prefer a posix based OS and I would prefer to keep Linux closed source free.
>
> I am looking at the OpenIndiana project:
> http://wiki.openindiana.org
>
> the OI license allows linking with other licenses:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Development_and_Distribution_License
>
> Currently there does not appear to be any Ada support.
>
> If the OS looks right I might try to port an ada enabled  gcc over, currently their gcc does not have ada support.
>
> Any feedback is welcome, thanks-Patrick

As this is an offspin of illumos, I suppose that a compiler for
OpenSolaris will be a good place to start:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnat/2012-02/msg00004.html
http://ada-dk.org/2011/12/solaris-gnat-packages/
http://www.dragonlace.net/posts/GNAT-AUX_on_Solaris/

- or did I miss something?