From: gavin@praxis.co.uk (Gavin Finnie)
Subject: Re: Ada 95 case statement incompatibility?
Date: 1996/08/28
Date: 1996-08-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>Exactly, it is quite hard to believe that you found this in a real program,
>surely you just figured it out from reading.

Yes, you're right.
I did figure it out from reading and constructed the example to try it out.

>There are quite a lot of obscure legality incompatibilities of this type
>if you start hunting. The compatibility guide is limited to things that
>one expects to be a problem in real life!

Hmm, it's no big deal but I would say my example, although contrived, was no
more obscure than some of the things already in Rationale X.6.2 which are
"considered to be unlikely in normal programs".

Gavin Finnie