* Re: ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES: HOW?
       [not found] <Do7FCw.yH@aston.ac.uk>
@ 1996-03-18  0:00 ` Sean McNeil
From: Sean McNeil @ 1996-03-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can anyone tell me what libraries I may need and/or
> what syntax is required for me to get environment variables.

For GNAT 3.03 or earlier, take a look at Ada.Command_Line.Environment.

* Re: ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES: HOW?
@ 1996-03-19  0:00   ` Laurent Guerby
From: Laurent Guerby @ 1996-03-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sean McNeil writes
: > Can anyone tell me what libraries I may need and/or
: > what syntax is required for me to get environment variables.
:
: For GNAT 3.03 or earlier, take a look at Ada.Command_Line.Environment.

   Hum, why doesn't GNAT  take advantage of implementation  permission
RM95-A.15(21) :

"(21)
    An alternative declaration is  allowed for package Command_Line if
different functionality  is appropriate   for the external   execution
environment."

   Of course the choosen solution promotes portability (visible non
uportable feature) and I agree with this point of view. But may be if
all vendors agree on the specification ...

   BTW, why such a feature wasn't added directly in Command_Line ?

--
--  Laurent Guerby, student at Telecom Bretagne (France), Team Ada
--  "Use the Source, Luke. The Source will be with you, always (GPL)"