From: nasser@apldbio.com
Subject: Re: Best / cheapest ADA PC compiler
Date: 1996/08/24
Date: 1996-08-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <01bb91fa$14be7be0$4f05a8c2@mdo4.cableol.net>, "Mark says...

>I'm looking for a ADA compiler. (NT / Win95 / Win 3.1)
>
>It must be Ada 83 / 95.
>--

GNAT. cost is free.

(what do you mean it must be Ada83/95 ??) ,  do you mean there
are Ada compiler that will switch to Ada83 mode, or Ada95 mode
by, say, a compiler option of some sort? I dont know if GNAT
does that.

You can download gnat from cs.nyu.edu  go to pub/gnat .

Nasser
--
Nasser Abbasi. C/C++/Ada Solaris. Perkin Elmer - Applied BioSystem division.
email:  nasser@apldbio.com   MSEE, MSCS, MSCE, Fide chess master (FM).

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."   Bill Gates, 1981

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson,  chairman of IBM, 1943

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered
as a means of communication."   Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.