From: mantri@ponder.csci.unt.edu (Ramesh S. Mantri)
Subject: question regarding number of files
Date: 1996/08/16
Date: 1996-08-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have noticed something inexplicable about how Ada programs affect
the number of files in the directory. This is relevant because our
computer accounts have restrictions regarding the disk usage, number
of files in the filesystem and so on. After I create a file the number
of files increases by 1. After I compile it, the number of files is
increasing by nearly 6 or so. When I delete the source file and the
executable files, the number of files decreases only by 2, leaving
some residue. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Because at this
rate, I'll not be able to create any more files in my directory quite
soon.
Thanks.
--- Ramesh Mantri