From: dick@silicon.csci.csusb.edu (Dr. Richard Botting)
Subject: Re: Three releases and rewrite?
Date: 1996/08/15
Date: 1996-08-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Scott McCoy (smccoy@hisd.harris.com) wrote:
: General question:  In the recent past, as my group has gotten more and
: more away from pure DoD development and more into non-government work,
: I've noticed something:

:     It seems like a rule of thumb for commercial software applications
:     is that after three major releases (i.e., 1.0, 2.0, 3.0), you
:     rewrite the application from scratch.
[...]

: Is this a reasonable rule of thumb?
This may be rather like Brookes's observations.
My own rule is to never buy an even numbered release.

: ON HUMILITY
: To err is human, to moo bovine.
To err is human, but to really foul things up, make it into a law or program.

--
dick botting     http://www.csci.csusb.edu/dick/signature.html
Disclaimer:      CSUSB may or may not agree with this message.