From: james E. Hopper <jhopper@erinet.com>
Subject: Re: learning Ada on Mac
Date: 1996/08/10
Date: 1996-08-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article
<oblivion-0608961126530001@pool060.max33.new-york.ny.dynip.alter.net>
Christopher Foran, oblivion@earthlink.net writes:
>I am interested in learning the Ada programming language.  I was wondering
>if someone could post a tutorial or a list of books about learning Ada and
>give me some ideas on where to start.  I would prefer if the material was
>Macintosh oriented. please post to this group or email me at
>oblivion@earthlink.net

The gnat-mac ada compiler that was ported by our team will soon have
a set of macintosh examples.  Mike Feldman is writting a set of example
code oritneted to the mac toolbox to teach the use of ada ini the mac
environment.  the compiler is free, the examples are free, of the mac
unix clone that runs on top of mac os is not free, but it will soon be
very cheap.

see http://gnat-mac.com/macada/ for more details on getting the mac
compiler
getting on our mailing list for information about the new examples etc.

best jim