From: afn03257@freenet3.afn.org (Daniel P Hudson)
Subject: Re: What about Ada?
Date: 1996/08/10
Date: 1996-08-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) wrote:
>Daniel said

>" Hmm, Not sure since they just developed another standard for Ada, whats
> that like 10 now or something?"

>Daniel, I guess you are not very familiar with Ada! There have been
>precisely TWO standards for Ada, the original Ada, now referred to as
>Ada 83, and the current Ada standard, referred to as Ada 95. These are
>the only two standards, they appeared in 1983 and 1995 respectively.
>Unlike the situation with Pascal, the ANSI standard is identical to
>the ISO standard.

>Perhaps you meant 10 in base 2? :-)

 That covers ISO, now try the DoD's standards that came before ANSI/ISO
 stuck their nose in it. Back when ACVC was responcible for determining
 whether or not a implementation was conforming, actually I think they still
 do this today maybe, although I doubt anyone checks to see whether it
 has thier OK or not. There aren't actually 10, maybe 5 or 6 different
 standards for Ada from its original implementation by the Dod up to
 today's ISO Ada 9X' [95' isn't it?].