* How to create an Ada compiler?
@ 1996-08-03  0:00 Philip Rayfield Brown
From: Philip Rayfield Brown @ 1996-08-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

    I was concidering creating an Ada compiler using assembley langage on
the IBM computer and wanted to know something.	I know that I will need
to create the main program to run the reserved words, but what else
would I need to create?  My understanding is that I could use the
generic version of STANDARD_IO and have my future program compile it
along with TEXT_IO and any other package that it needs.  Is making
an Ada compiler as simple as creating the reserve word program?

                                                    Philip Brown

* Re: How to create an Ada compiler?
@ 1996-08-05  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-08-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Philip said

"    I was concidering creating an Ada compiler using assembley langage on
the IBM computer and wanted to know something.  I know that I will need
to create the main program to run the reserved words, but what else
would I need to create?  My understanding is that I could use the
generic version of STANDARD_IO and have my future program compile it
along with TEXT_IO and any other package that it needs.  Is making
an Ada compiler as simple as creating the reserve word program?"

This is seriously garbled, and makes no discernable sense at all. Creatng
an Ada compiler is a very big job, and is certainly nothing at all to do
with a "reserve word program", whatever that might be,

You will have to be much more clear and specific about what you are trying
to do before we can offer any help or answers to your questions!

* Re: How to create an Ada compiler?
@ 1996-08-07  0:00 ` bourass
From: bourass @ 1996-08-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <4tuui2$rr4@www.uno.edu>, pbrown@cs.uno.edu (Philip Rayfield Brown) writes:
>along with TEXT_IO and any other package that it needs.  Is making
>an Ada compiler as simple as creating the reserve word program?

Have you considered the run-time issues?  When multiple tasks are launched,
the stack becomes forked into a "cactus" structure, you must create synchronization
protocols, etc.

Regards,

Greg Bourassa