From: urquhart@netcomuk.co.uk (Adrian Urquhart)
Subject: Starting out - good compiler for DOS?
Date: 1996/08/04
Date: 1996-08-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello to all

I'm currently looking at Ada as a replacement/alternative to C++, but
getting hold of a compiler isn't easy! I can get EZ2LOAD from lots of
FTP sites, but with my 14,400 modem it's going to take a long time...

I found a shareware program called PALLADA on CompuServe, but it won't
produce an executable because the authors don't have a licence to
distribute part of FlashTek's extender (or else I'm driving it wrong).

What do you suggest? I'm using a PC with DOS as the target, and want
something which will produce .EXE files. Is there an easy way in the
UK to get hold of the Walnut Creek Ada CD Rom?

TIA

Adrian.
urquhart@netcomuk.co.uk