* Ada - cannot exec `gnat1'
       [not found] <200701081252.53809.ali.bendriss@dementia.ion.ucl.ac.uk>
@ 2007-02-11  1:25 `   jpluto
From:   jpluto @ 2007-02-11  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hello,

The Unix admin installed gnat on a linux box.

When I ran gnatmake I go the following error:

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `gnat1'

Please let me know how to fix and install gnat correctly.

thank you

Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft

* Re: Ada - cannot exec `gnat1'
@ 2007-02-11  1:56   ` Markus E Leypold
From: Markus E Leypold @ 2007-02-11  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

"  jpluto" <jpluto@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>

> The Unix admin installed gnat on a linux box.
>
> When I ran gnatmake I go the following error:
>
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `gnat1'
>
> Please let me know how to fix and install gnat correctly.

It looks like the following problem:

  - gnatmake executes gcc to compile Ada source
  - the gcc it finds is a gcc w/o Gnat, i.e. it has no gnat1.

Have a look which gcc is first in the path (with 'which gcc') and
compare with gnatmake ('which gnatmake'). Try to change your PATH
variable if the installation locations look different.

But of course remote diagnosis is difficult under the circumstances. A
bit more information might be helpful.

Regards -- Markus