From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: Files and Tasking
Date: 1996/07/31
Date: 1996-07-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <qw64tmqw322.fsf@gargantua.enst.fr>,
Samuel Tardieu  <sam@inf.enst.fr> wrote:

>PS/ the "man ..." command will work on Un*x boxes only, I cannot help
>    you if you're using the DOS version of GNAT.

I can. The maximum number of open files in DOS is determined by
the line FILES=kkk in your CONFIG.SYS file. If there is no such line
there, add one, and fill in your favorite value for kkk. Note that each
file handle takes up RAM, so there is no free lunch.

In any case, GNAT is unlikely to impose a limit; these things are
typically handled by the OS.

Mike Feldman