From: Dale Stanbrough <dale@goanna.cs.rmit.EDU.AU>
Subject: Re: Instantiation of child generics?
Date: 1996/07/30
Date: 1996-07-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff writes:

">Also will my (re)use of the identifier "queue" in the packages cause any
 >problems for me?

 Should be OK, but I don't particularly like that style."

...where the style is defining a type name in an "abstract" package,
and reusing the same name in concrete implementations in child packages.
(e.g. abstract type "queue", concrete bounded type "queue" and
concrete unbounded type "queue"). The benefits are that (if you use use)
you can write your code

	myQ:queue;

and get diff. implementations by changing the with clause. What problems
do you forsee in doing this?

Dale