* ada & c hairpulling contest
@ 1996-07-26  0:00 Charlie Hubbard
From: Charlie Hubbard @ 1996-07-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  I'm currently working on a small ada program to read and write files in
Windoze 3.11 using Win32s.  I'm using ActivaAda compiler and Borland C++ for
the C stuff.  I'm trying to call the Win32s functions for reading and
writing files from Ada, but ActivAda didn't write the spec files correctly
so it won't work!  Believe me I've tried.  However, It works in C (first
time no problem).  I've been through 4 sets of commands to try reading and
writing files from ada, but nothing works correctly so that's why I've
turned to C.  (I even tried Text_IO and just buffer all my binary data -didn't
work-).  So I've written the dll from C and created the mlb file needed for
ada to correctly find the functions in C, but my spec file is all wrong.
So the contest is this try and figure a way out to make sure the arguements
are being passed to the C side correctly before I pull all my hair out! :)
i've tried debug and fiddling with it, but nothing works.
Sorry I mean codeview.  finally don't buy alsys ada compiler!

thanks
charlie.

--
							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie@felix.cc.gatech.edu

* RE: ada & c hairpulling contest
@ 1996-07-29  0:00 ` Neil O'Brien
From: Neil O'Brien @ 1996-07-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well you could try calling technical support, we have no record of you
having done so, .

1. We do not warrant Borland C++ only Microsoft Visual C++ and that is
clearly stated in the release notes.

2. What commands are you using? and what does the spec look like?, try
sending it to us, we'll check it out for you.

Neil O'Brien			obrien@east.thomsoft.com
Customer Support		(617) 221 7320
Thomson Software Products

They're the wrong trousers Grommit, and they've gone wrong!

On Friday, July 26, 1996, Charlie Hubbard wrote...

>   I'm currently working on a small ada program to read and write files
in
> Windoze 3.11 using Win32s.  I'm using ActivaAda compiler and Borland C++
for
> the C stuff.  I'm trying to call the Win32s functions for reading and
> writing files from Ada, but ActivAda didn't write the spec files
correctly
> so it won't work!  Believe me I've tried.  However, It works in C (first
> time no problem).  I've been through 4 sets of commands to try reading
and
> writing files from ada, but nothing works correctly so that's why I've
> turned to C.  (I even tried Text_IO and just buffer all my binary data
-didn't
> work-).  So I've written the dll from C and created the mlb file needed
for
> ada to correctly find the functions in C, but my spec file is all wrong.
> So the contest is this try and figure a way out to make sure the
arguements
> are being passed to the C side correctly before I pull all my hair out!
:)