From: rlk@nubuddy (Bob Kitzberger)
Subject: Re: SGI/Apex link error
Date: 1996/07/25
Date: 1996-07-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John F Widere (jwidere@rsa.hisd.harris.com) wrote:

: This has to due to the size of the global offset table which has a limitation of
: 16k entries.  We started to get this error when we linked in UNAS code. SGI's
: suggestions as far as compiling with different options cannot seem to be done from
: within the Apex environment.

: Does anybody have any experience with this particular problem or can point me to
: some possible sources?

A few suggestions:

1) Try Rational customer support first -- support@rational.com
2) there is a way to modify link-time options with Apex -- see the
   "Options" field in the Link dialog box in newer releases of Apex.
   There are other ways to change the link options -- switches, etc.
   This should be documented; if you can't find what you need,
   try our support folks.

--
Bob Kitzberger	      Rational Software Corporation       rlk@rational.com
http://www.rational.com http://www.rational.com/pst/products/testmate.html