From: prmitton@comp.brad.ac.uk (PR MITTON)
Subject: Re: Ada/Motif binding
Date: 1996/07/19
Date: 1996-07-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar (dewar@cs.nyu.edu) wrote:
: Pete Mitton said

: "   I am trying to find a binding of Ada (preferably '95) to Motif.  The Dec
:    binding looks the best that I have found so far but I am having
:    difficulty getting the program to compile.

:    I am using gcc on a Sparcstation running Solaris."

: I am curious, can you really license this binding for use on Solaris? I had
: always assumed that the license was restrictive to DEC machine use. How
: did you work this out?

There is no restriction on the use of the software on another architecture in
the license of the package.   The license is the basic feel free to do as
you wish with the product as long as the DEC copyright notice remains but
don't sell it without their permission.

We are only using it for educational purposes as the binding looks to be
better Ada for people learning Ada from scratch.  The Intermetrics binding
looks a lot more like C than Ada.

Pete
--

Pete Mitton             || If I brew good beer
Computing Department    || I'll drink the same