From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: ez2load helping Ada
Date: 1996/07/13
Date: 1996-07-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <009A53B0E71F30C3.8AB2@smcsr3.smcs.se.baesema.co.uk>,
 <Chris.Morgan@BAESEMA.CO.UK> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>  I have been spending some time handing out copies of the EZ2LOAD package
>assembled by Prof Mike Feldman and co.

Yeah, I hand it out, but the "and co" part is pretty big. See below.:-)

>  So I would like to thank everyone responsible for EZ2LOAD, more power to
>their elbow I say, and I would suggest everyone who reads this takes a moment
>to check whether there isn't some easy Ada promotion they could do for the sake
>of making up a few floppies and handing them round at work or wherever.

While we're handing out kudos, let's mention:

- Ken Price, who has a day job in New England industry and writes
  PC shareware as a hobby. His AdaCAPS is a solid "industrial strength"
  product, with features tailored to the individual and, especially
  the beginning, programmer. Ken has contributed this to the cause.
  It is "free" in the sense that it costs nothing to acquire; we cannot
  give the source code away because of some Borland entanglements.
  So it's not under the GPL.

- Arthur Lopes, who soldiers on trying to make Ada happen in Brazil,
  and who contributed the hypertext RM.

- Chuck Kann, who developed all the interface code between AdaCAPS
  and GNAT. He is focusing on his dissertation now, so - having
  defended my dissertation 23 years ago - I'm maintaining his code
  myself now.

- Jerry van Dijk in Holland, for the VGA graphics support.

- Errol Martin and Don Overheu, "down under" in Australia, for AdaIDE.

- David Wheeler for Lovelace.

- David Cordes and Allen Parrish and their students, for DRGEN.

On and on and on. Most important, we need to recognize and applaud ACT,
and especially Doug Rupp, for having made the commitment to keep working
on the DOS port of GNAT, bringing tasking to it and bringing it to
DJGPP version 2. Without the _A_da at the _C_ore of all these
_T_echnologies (ACT), the rest of ez2load would be uncoordinated, mostly
useless, chunks of code.

>Greetings from London!

Greetings from the D.C. suburbs!

Mike Feldman