From: cosc19z5@Bayou.UH.EDU (Spasmo)
Subject: Re: PC Based Ada Control Programs
Date: 1996/07/11
Date: 1996-07-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Carl Bowman (bowmanc@ns1.sw-eng.falls-church.va.us) wrote:
: In article <4r3qfs$qi6@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>,
: Robert P. Kuzmicki  <bobkuz@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

[Snip]

:  Also, can anyone recommend any good Ada texts for reference.

Well here's a site that has various ada goodies including a tutorial
for Ada95 (pretty good), and other ada info, including a FAQ
for those migrating from C/C++ to Ada.  The URL is:
	http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/

Also here's another site with various ada goodies.  I haven't visited
it yet so I can't comment on how extensive/good it is:
	http://www.acm/.org/sigada/education

As for books, I've only checked out two.  One is "Ada Problem Solving
and Program Design".  It's a pretty good book (Ada83), although I
think it doesn't discuss a few of the more low-level capabilities of
the language.  Then there's "Software Engineering with Ada", which
leans heavily on designing software projects using Ada, rather than
an Ada How-To.  It does tell you how to program in Ada, but that
doesn't seem to be its main goal--however it does discuss some of
the more fascinating aspects of Ada--like low-level capabilies.

Oh, the first book is my Michael B. Feldman and Elliot B. Koffman.
The second is by the famous Grady Booch -- Mr. OOP Himself :)

BTW, I'm still in the process of learning ADA--coming from a C/C++
background and I gotta admit, I am very impressed.  This is
one sweet language, very thoughtful features to say the least.

--
Spasmo
"Here's a present just for you