* Help on Upgrading Ada
@ 1996-07-09  0:00 Quay A. Ly
From: Quay A. Ly @ 1996-07-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone.  I am trying to install the lastest version of ADA
onto Solaris.  I currently have the ADA cd-rom.  It is made by Walnut
Creek, with the February 1996 Edition.  The current version on my
machine is 2.6.3  Can anyone tell me how to go about installing ADA on
the Solaris off the cd-rom or do I have to download the software off
the net?  Can someone also tell me the lastest version of ADA is also?
Thanks in advance!

--
                                                                ^
                                                      o       //|\\      o

* Re: Help on Upgrading Ada
@ 1996-07-10  0:00 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1996-07-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4ru789$rq4@galaxy.ucr.edu>, Quay A. Ly <quay@cs.ucr.edu> wrote:
>Hello everyone.  I am trying to install the lastest version of ADA
>onto Solaris.  I currently have the ADA cd-rom.  It is made by Walnut
>Creek, with the February 1996 Edition.  The current version on my
>machine is 2.6.3  Can anyone tell me how to go about installing ADA on
>the Solaris off the cd-rom or do I have to download the software off
>the net?  Can someone also tell me the lastest version of ADA is also?
>Thanks in advance!

By "ADA" I assume you mean GNAT, the GNU Ada 95 compiler. The latest version
(for SPARC Solaris) is 3.05; you're best off getting it from

ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

Mike Feldman