From: bowmanc@ns1.sw-eng.falls-church.va.us (Carl Bowman)
Subject: Re: PC Based Ada Control Programs
Date: 1996/07/10
Date: 1996-07-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <4r3qfs$qi6@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>,
Robert P. Kuzmicki  <bobkuz@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
 I have recently purchased a copy of ActivAda for Windows from Thomson
 Software with the intention to write at first, some simple control
 programs, then more complicated one's for the PC/AT. I use alot of
 Keithley - Metrabyte Input/Output, high speed A/D cards, GPIB, File
 I/O, RS-232 etc.

 Where can I find good examples of Ada83/95 instrumentation control
 programs? I write mostly PC based and an occasional 80C186EB SBC
 control program for a large company. I have written mostly DOS apps,
 but I am just now getting into Windows programming.

 I have zero writing experience in Ada, but I find Ada an attractive
 candidate for my work in spite of the flaming Ada receives.

 I have written numerous programs in 80X86 Assembler, PLM, Pascal and C
 in the last 20 years. I would like to give Ada a shot and do my own
 personal benchmarking against the 'other' software platforms.

 Also, can anyone recommend any good Ada texts for reference.

I would suggest checking out the Ada Information Clearinghouse's web
site at http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us .  There you can find online
information on Ada and links to many other online resources such as
the Public Ada Library (a resource for reusable code) and the Ada FAQ,
maintained by Magnus Kempe (sp?).

Carl Bowman
Ada Information Clearinghouse