* help with ActivAda for win NT
@ 1996-06-20  0:00 John O'Connor
From: John O'Connor @ 1996-06-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using ActivAda 5.5 for Windows NT and I am having a problem using the
posix dll (PSXDLL.DLL). When I run the program windows NT tells me that the
dll initialization failed. Here the test program I am trying to use.

with text_io;
with win32;
procedure pidtest is

    Max_Int_32 : constant := 2_147_483_647;                --   (2**31)-1
    Min_Int_32 : constant := -2_147_483_648;               --  -(2**31)

    type Integer_32 is range Min_Int_32 .. Max_Int_32;
    for Integer_32'Size use (32);

    -- getpid - get process identification
    function Getpid return Integer_32;
    pragma Interface (C, Getpid);
    pragma Interface_Name (Getpid,"_getpid");

  I : Integer_32;
begin
    I := getpid;
    if i = 0 then
      text_io.put_line("getpid failed");
    else
      text_io.put_line(" pid is: " & integer'image(integer(I)));
    end if;
end ;

I have the library c:\aa_552\lib\psxdll.lib in the modules line of the bind
options and the search line. The program seems to bind just fine. I did notice
in the ActivAda documentation (DLL Support Notes) the following information:

�Make sure the new RTS_NT.LIB library is used and not the one that was
included in the version
5.5 product release.  The new library should have replaced the old RTS_NT.LIB
in installation
directory by this DLL supplement install script INSTALL.BAT.�

If someone from Thomson is listening I would like to know where to get the new
rts_nt.lib and install.bat files that are referenced in the above statement. I
can�t find them on the CD ROM.

Is there anyone else out there who has done this and can offer some advice?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John O

* Re: help with ActivAda for win NT
@ 1996-06-21  0:00   ` John O'Connor
From: John O'Connor @ 1996-06-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4qe6dqINNh0j@RA.DEPT.CS.YALE.EDU>, griest-tom@cs.yale.edu (Tom Griest) wrote:

>Forgive my "unnetly" response, but why don't you call Thomson?
>
>-Tom

We haven't gotten many answers/solutions from our contact at Thomson. I
thought I might get a response from someone who knows.

@ 1996-06-21  0:00 ` Tom Griest
From: Tom Griest @ 1996-06-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)