* tasking kernal
@ 1996-06-10  0:00 W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)
From: W. Wesley Groleau (Wes) @ 1996-06-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a plea for all vendors to hire a skilled technical editor
and proof-reader to screen and approve ALL their diagnostic messages.

Not everyone is a naturally good at grammar and/or spelling--but it bothers
me that so many of my colleagues have learned

 - kernal      - hexidecimal
 - varient     - ocurence

(et cetera) from diagnostic messages and user's manuals.
W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)                                Office: 219-429-4923
Magnavox - Mail Stop 10-40                               Home: 219-471-7206
Fort Wayne,  IN   46808              elm (Unix): wwgrol@pseserv3.fw.hac.com

* Re: tasking kernal
@ 1996-06-11  0:00   ` Ian Ward
From: Ian Ward @ 1996-06-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> W. Wesley Groleau (Wes) (wwgrol@PSESERV3.FW.HAC.COM) wrote:
> : Not everyone is a naturally good at grammar and/or spelling--but it bothers
> : me that so many of my colleagues have learned

> :  - kernal      - hexidecimal
> :  - varient     - ocurence

> dependant  ;-)

burglarised ?

---
Ian Ward's opinions only : ian@rsd.bel.alcatel.be
It's "burgled" Mr. President.

* Re: tasking kernal
@ 1996-06-11  0:00 ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 1996-06-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Peter Hermann  Tel:+49-711-685-3611 Fax:3758 ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: tasking kernal
@ 1996-06-13  0:00     ` Geert Bosch
From: Geert Bosch @ 1996-06-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ian Ward (ian@rsd.bel.alcatel.be) wrote:
   > W. Wesley Groleau (Wes) (wwgrol@PSESERV3.FW.HAC.COM) wrote:
   > : Not everyone is a naturally good at grammar and/or
   > : spelling--but it bothers me that so many of my colleagues have learned
   > :  - kernal      - hexidecimal
   > :  - varient     - ocurence
   > dependant  ;-)
   burglarised ?

And more related to Ada, why do people say Ada is
   object-orientated
and why is the hardware
  compatable

--