From: James E. Hopper <jhopper@erinet.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT on the Macintosh: 68k status
Date: 1996/06/07
Date: 1996-06-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <4p7l1o$2jo@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au> Dale Stanbrough,
dale@goanna.cs.rmit.EDU.AU writes:
>MacOS already has a threads module. Will this be used, or is an
>entirely new Ada specific thread package being ported?

Dale,

tenon uses the apple threads package as the heart of its threads stuff.
they have taken the p-threads package used in the linux port and used it
as a interface to their threads.  we hope to do a direct mapping to apple
threads later in the summer when I learn from Cyrille and the ACT folks
how to make an existing port work in the mac environment.  we are building
standalone mac apps and its of great interest to me to be able to do
tasking
in them without having to have machten available to run the apps.

best jim