From: dweller@dfw.net (David Weller)
Subject: Re: try this if you can
Date: 1996/06/05
Date: 1996-06-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Pine.SUN.3.92.960605203426.13792A-100000@denning>,
Rea Burleson (CS) <burleson@csee.usf.edu> wrote:
>For all you ada dudes.  I found this to be a very awarding program to try.
>My code was a little of 80 lines,  can you beat it?

Unlike the culture of single-letter programming languages, most "Ada
dudes" won't engage in "write this in less than X lines" game.
Generally because:
	1) We're not very keen on doing homework assignments for
	students :-)
	2) We know that the length has nothing to do with the quality
	3) We know that length has little correlation to efficiency

Otherwise, I'd say we're all for that challenge:

with Text_io; use Text_io; -- trying to improve obscurity
procedure RN is  -- long names take up executable space
begin
put_line("please enter: MXMIV");  -- same for indentation
put_line("1994"); -- we know the answer, why bother waiting for input?
		  -- it's much faster this way.
end;

Ah, wefweshing! :-)  No wonder I graduated with high honors :-)
--
    Visit the Ada 95 Booch Components Homepage: www.ocsystems.com/booch
           This is not your father's Ada -- lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada