From: dweller@dfw.net (David Weller)
Subject: Re: C++/Ada or ObjectiveC/Ada translator
Date: 1996/06/05
Date: 1996-06-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <31B480AC.16E4@cca.rockwell.com>,
Hai Le  <hnle@cca.rockwell.com> wrote:
>I am looking for a tool that translates Ada codes into C++ or ObjectiveC
>code, and vice versa.  (Objective-C is a C/c++ compiler in the NeXTSTEP
>environment).  I would appreciate any information you have on this.
>Thanks

This is a strange post.  First, Objective-C is _not_ a "C/c++ compiler
in the NeXTSTEP environment", it's a language unto itself (albeit a
derivative of C, but looks nothing like C++).

Second, a tool to translate from Ada 95 to C++ would take a herculean
effort, and the result, like the result of all translated code, would
be a horrible, unmaintainable mess.

As for the "vice versa" part, the "C to Ada" translator can be found
at http://www.inmet.com/~mg/c2ada/c2ada.html.  I'm working on a C++ to
Ada 95 translator myself, but it's low priority at the moment.

--
    Visit the Ada 95 Booch Components Homepage: www.ocsystems.com/booch
           This is not your father's Ada -- lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada