* WE NEED YOUR INPUT
@ 1996-06-03  0:00 Survey Administration
From: Survey Administration @ 1996-06-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please excuse this brief intrusion, but we are trying to locate
any and all holders of academic degrees conferred within the last
ten (10) years.

The Kitty Knight Corporation, Boston, MA, is currently searching
for qualified individuals to participate in a ***PAID*** study
focusing on post-secondary, graduate, and professional education
in the United States.

Holders of ALL types of degrees in ALL fields of study are needed.
 We would like to hear from you as long as your degree was earned
at an accredited institution in the United States.

After an initial screening, qualified participant will be asked to
complete a questionaire of approx 150 questions.  Everyone who
completes the survey will receive a $100 stipend.  Naturally,
*ALL* information will be held in the strictest confidence.

To express interest, please send your name, mailing address, and
photocopies of **ALL** degrees you have earned to:  The Kitty
Knight Corporation, Attn: Study 96-3H, Back Bay Annex, P O Box
546, Boston, MA  02117.  (If not obvious from the degree, please
indicate the field of study.)

Thank You Very Much!

* Re: WE NEED YOUR INPUT
@ 1996-06-03  0:00 ` Michael F Brenner
From: Michael F Brenner @ 1996-06-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The words "qualified individuals" and "after an initial screening" indicate
that this offer is unethical, because it violates the first principle of
modern ethics: not to have secret criteria; by not stating what the criteria
are for the initial screening, people may give private information to this
organization, and still not get their hundred dollars; although this may be
unintentional in collecting this information for this company at this time,
this unethical behavior is becoming prevalent in many modern industries, and
it is time to raise our awareness of, and stop it.

* Re: WE NEED YOUR INPUT
@ 1996-06-03  0:00 ` Thomas Hood
From: Thomas Hood @ 1996-06-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Survey Administration wrote:
<snip>

These guys are a subsidiary of a financial holding company and I doubt
their search is designed to obtain anything more than demographic
data for sale to marketers.  Go for it if you _really_ think you'll
"qualify" :-)

Tom Hood
thomas@nicom.com

* Re: WE NEED YOUR INPUT
@ 1996-06-03  0:00 ` Phil Payne
From: Phil Payne @ 1996-06-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <4otmpm$3ni$19@mhade.production.compuserve.com>
           74750.1341@CompuServe.COM "Survey Administration" writes:

> Please excuse this brief intrusion, but we are trying to locate
> any and all holders of academic degrees conferred within the last
> ten (10) years.

Looks like a simplistic attempt to build a database of professionals
approaching their maximum earning power.

Odd to think that such moronic tricks would miss out Bill Gates.

And me.

--

 Phil Payne                          Managing Director, Sievers Consulting.

 Phone: +44 385302803    Fax/BBS: +44 1536723021    Fido: 2:2503/415
 CIS:   100012,1660      Internet phil@sievers.com
 (c) Copyright Phil Payne/Sievers Consulting 1996