* Net Abusers at Alsys/Thomson???
@ 1996-05-24  0:00 Ron Thompson
From: Ron Thompson @ 1996-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

For the Ada bunch, I couldn't pass this one up. Some
Dimitri guy ranting about Keith<The_Other_Keith>Thompson
at Thomson.

Yeah, I'm a Thompson. Not related to Keith, or Thomson
Software. Man, this gets old.

Thomson, or Alsys to us, has consistently provided us with
bar none the best Intel environment for building Ada apps
around. DOS/Phar-Lap, Win, WinNT. Period. NONE better, we
have tried many.

Thomson has ALWAYS provided us with competent, professional
folks to work with. Sales, support, and the time we were able
to get up there to BossTown and visit for some training.
These guys are the best around, and I'm sure that the folks
out on the other coast, including Keith<The_Other_Keith>
Thompson((no relation to me)(and I'm no relation to Thomson
software)(man this gets old)) are top shelf too. Well, they
DO live out there, so that is a bit of a minus...

I don't know Keith, but from knowing his company for 6 years
now, and using the products they produce for the same 6
years now, I would suggest that this Dimitri guy is ranting
about a mistaken identity.

rct

The opinion(s) above are mine and mine alone.

* Re: Net Abusers at Alsys/Thomson???
@ 1996-05-24  0:00 ` James A. Squire
From: James A. Squire @ 1996-05-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ron Thompson wrote:

[second plug for Alsys on this thread]

I doubt very much that anyone took the Dimitri guy seriously.  I chalked
it up to a disturbed individual.

You Alsys fans might want to let sleeping dogs lie, however.  I have
been restraining myself so far from responding to all this praise
because I don't think it is fair to capitalize on the opportunity
presented by such a bogus opener.

Don't tempt me.
--
James Squire
MDA Avionics Tools & Processes

* Re: Net Abusers at Alsys/Thomson???
@ 1996-05-28  0:00   ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1996-05-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <31A626FA.300C@csehp3.mdc.com>,
James A. Squire <m193884@CSEHP3.MDC.COM> wrote:
>Ron Thompson wrote:

>[second plug for Alsys on this thread]

>I doubt very much that anyone took the Dimitri guy seriously.  I chalked
>it up to a disturbed individual.

Aside from the various endorsements of Thomson (no "p") nee Alsys,
nobody pointed out that while Keith Thompson (yes "p") happens to
work for Thomson (no "p"), they are certainly not the same thing.

I'm not sure I've ever met Keith face-to-face, but many years of
newsgroup and e-mail correspondence with him lead me to doubt
very seriously that Keith would _ever_ "harrass" anyone by e-mail.

Mike Feldman